Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Winter Blues

Even with Christmas next week, which I am excited about, I'm sorta down. I am pretty sure the winter blues are already kicking in. This could make for a LONG winter, since it's only the beginning of the season.

I am pretty sure it's due to the fact that our van has no heat. So we have been trapped at home for over a week now. The last time we left the house was last Tuesday, and we FROZE with no heat in the van. The bad thing is I have no idea when we are going to be getting it fixed.

We are in DESPERATE need for groceries, but I can't take three kids to the store in this weather with no heat. Tim has been on call the past few days and has been getting home late, and then called out a few hours later. So that makes it hard to go when he gets home.

I am beginning to feel like I am loosing my mind! I just really want to get out of the house. I am finding that it's getting harder to entertain all three kids at home all day long everyday. I am sure they are getting bored too.

Sometimes I feel that if I have to play referee or break up one more fight, my head is going to explode. Or if I have to hear one more tantrum, or Taylor cry for one more hour, that I may just lay on the floor in a complete meltdown!

Seriously are my boys the only ones who fight ALL. DAY. LONG.?

Some days I don't even get to take a shower until the afternoon, and sometimes not at all. Some days I don't realize I haven't had anything to eat all day until Tim gets home. Some days I don't even manage to get out of my pajama's, and it's not intentional.

This parenting thing can be hard, I am sure all parents could agree with that. But I find that during the winter months that can be even more true. I find myself searching for creative things to entertain them. Googling "things to do inside with toddlers" or "fun and education activities for toddlers during the winter months".

Lately I have been just taking things hour by hour. Just trying to make it to lunch and nap time, then just making it until dad gets home, and then making it until bed time!!

Then in the midst of this cabin fever, tantrums, all out wars, and chaos. Is the sweet tender moments, moments that make me realize there is something to be said about being cooped up in the house.

Moments like when I catch Timothy reading to his sister. So sweet he can be. And I am sure there are more of these moments if I would just slow down, breathe, and not sweat being stuck inside. Maybe take it as a blessing. Maybe find the good in a situation instead of the bad.

How do you handle the winter blues? What activities do you do with your kids in the winter?

1 comment:

April Westerhold said...

NO, you are not the only one whose kids fight. It has been a nightmare here all week. Kanin has been absolutely horrible and instigating fight after fight. I just want to pull my hair out most days.

The Santa Claus was at Mid Rivers mall BUT there is a FREE Santa Claus at Bass Pro and you can take pics with your own camera.

To get followers, you should really join one of the blog hops that I post. It will open up a whole world of new blogs to you and you will start getting all kinds of followers, craft ideas, daily prayers, recipes, etc.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails