Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Magic of Christmas

There is something about having children around on Christmas. It's such a magical time! I remember when I first started questioning the whole Santa thing. She always told me, "As long as your believe Santa will always come". I know that a little bit of the magic of Christmas will disappear once the kids stop believing in Santa.

But for now we still believe and this time is so magical!

As I mentioned in my previous post. Tim's parents were at our house on Christmas eve. They wanted the kids to open up the presents from them. The boys had no problem with that!


It was time for bed, but of course you can't open all those presents without playing with them. So Grandma played a few games with them before we tucked them in for the night!!

We left cookies and milk for Santa(I as out of carrots). This was interesting considering every time I turned around one of them was eating the cookies off the plate, or begging for milk in their cup! Once I finally got them to leave the cookies and milk for Santa and into bed they were off to sleep land!

Now we go behind the scenes of Christmas morning magic:

Where daddy and grandpa spent about 2 1/2 hours putting the train table. There was a lot of drilling, banging, and laughing. So much that we thought the clatter might wake the boys up. Thankfully it didn't!

Finally it was done. Little did I know how much magic this train table would bring to Christmas morning.

Grandma and grandpa stayed the night, and after a few games of bowling on the Xbox Kinnect we went to bed around 1am.

Timothy was up at 6am, Mason and Taylor were still sleeping. I couldn't really contain Timothy anywhere until Mason woke up so I went ahead and let him go into the living room. As soon as he got halfway down the hallway, his face lit up. He smiled and looked back at me, I told him it was OK to go see what it was.

"Mom,it's a train table"!

"Santa left me my train table"!

He then noticed grandma and grandpa and became shy. He sat in the hallway for about 20 minutes staring at the train table. Dad decided to go wake Mason up, and when he brought him out Timothy decided it was safe enough to go check out the table.

I don't think either of them stopped smiling all morning. And there it was the magic of Christmas. I was reminded of that feeling as a kid and thinking that Santa remembered me. He remembered that I really wanted that doll, or whatever it was that I wanted.

It was then that I also realized how much effort my mom put into making that morning magical. Staying up until the wee hours of the morning putting that play kitchen together.

Timothy talked about Santa bringing him a train table all day, and every time he did it brought a smile to my face! I hope the magic of Christmas doesn't fade for them for a while.

I hope you all had a magical Christmas morning as well!

Tomorrow I will have one final post about the rest of our Christmas festivities. It's been a long Christmas for us!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails