Monday, December 27, 2010

The Night Before

On Christmas Eve we always go to my Aunt Linda's house for dinner, to open presents, and play rob from your neighbor. My Aunt Linda is my mother's mom's sister. This year Christmas eve got canceled.

Because of the weather. We had what was considered a snow storm hit early that morning. And by mid morning we already had 4 inches. Since the news was saying that the worst was going to hit that evening, my Aunt decided to cancel. Most of our relatives are older and would not want to drive in the snow and ice. It was rescheduled for Sunday.

We decided to go ahead and go to my mom's and do our Christmas then since we had 3 places to go on Christmas. This worked out great, there was no rushing, and we were able to take our time. The boys were thrilled to finally get to open presents!

Their faces were priceless! They recieved some really awesome gifts like Toys Story 3, hotwheels, a laptop, games, and clothes!

The boys knew to take their toys to Uncle Jeff and he would open them. Usually mommy and daddy tell them to wait and we only open one or two gifts so we don't loose anything. It was funny, that they went to him and he opened all the toys for them!

Mommy even hit the jackpot. I recieved a new coffee pot since mine broke, a new caddy for my knives and kitchen untensils, a gift card, and an awesome photobook that my mom made of the kids from when they were born until now.

We then ate a late lunch/early dinner. It was delicious! We had a pork roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, and stuffing. After eating, my mom and I made some chocolate chip cookies. The boys had a snowball fight outside with daddy, and Taylor and Uncle Jeff took naps!

We had such a great time with family! I really enjoyed doing our Christmas with my mom on a different day than everything else because it was so much more relaxed for everyone. I think the kids enjoyed their time more, I know I did!

Before we knew it was already time to head home before the second snow storm hit. We didn't want to be driving home in the dark, there are alot of curvy side roads to our house that don't get paved or treated very well.

We made it home just in time too, because it started to really snow. Tim's parents were at our house, so the kids showed grandma and grandpa all their new toys. It was a great day.

What does your family do for Christmas Eve?

I will be back tomorrow with our Christmas Day festivities!! Have a great Monday!


I am participating the Magical Monday blog hop. Head on over and join in if you would like to meet new blog friends!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails