Monday, January 17, 2011

"Off"

Some kind of germ is lurking around this house, and while we are not full fledged sick, we are just kind of off a little

It started yesterday, I was woken up by the boys before the sun came up. I stumbled into the living room and flipped on cartoons. I laid down on the couch and the room started spinning. I tried closing my eyes and I still had the sensation that everything was spinning, so I sat up. It didn't help, I started to panic because this has happened to me before.

A few years ago, one night I became really dizzy and everything started to spin. Tim had to practically carry me to the bathroom where I sat hugging the toilet for about an hour, room spinning and throwing up. Then it was gone. When we called the doctor they said it sounded like Vertigo....something to do with fluid and your inner ear.

Well yesterday morning I did everything not to puke. I tried to stand up and quickly learned that I wasn't going to be able to walk anywhere without falling over. I felt drunk, excepts I have never been fully drunk so I don't really know if that's what it was like. All I know is I had to do something because I was getting nauseous quickly, and I had kids who were awake that I had to tend to.

So I laid back down, and stared at the TV until the spinning stopped. It lasted about 5-7 minutes and then all I was left with was a headache.

I felt "off" all day, dull headache,lightheaded. Just not all the way right. We went to my dad's though because I wanted to get out of the house. Once there I was actually feeling pretty good. But by the end of the night I could feel the dizziness coming again. Luckily my dad had some Dramamine that I took, and some alieve for the headache.

My dad also had an episode with the dizziness, he was at work and passed out. He was told it was vertigo and to take Dramamine at the start of any symptoms.

Once we got home, put all the kids to bed, I was out within 10 minutes. I woke up this morning feeling a lot better. I am just really tired. I can't seem to stay awake, I took a 2 hour nap earlier and I woke up still tired.

I am not sure exactly what is going on or what triggers or causes these episodes. I would go to the doctor except I have no insurance. Anyone else experience this?

Then today Timothy woke up with diarrhea. I am pretty sure it's because of all the juice they had over at my dad's house, but he is potty trained and so it's been kind of difficult making it to the potty in time. He had 2 accidents this morning, and he hasn't had any accidents since he was potty trained almost a year ago. No accidents since this morning though, so hopefully it's not an illness creeping it's way in.

Did I mention that I am so ready for spring and summer?! One of the many reasons I dislike winter, all the sickness.

Oh well here is to a better Tuesday! Happy Monday friends! Hope you all are well.


Come join us over at For The Love Of Blogs for Magical Monday!

.Advertise with my Blog

1 comment:

Michele said...

New follower from Mixed Bag Monday. Hope you can visit soon!

Hope that OFF feeling goes away soon. No fun for Mommy to be sick.

Take Care
Michele

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails