Tuesday, August 24, 2010

St. Louis Zoo

I am pretty sure we have the best Zoo. Please correct me if I am wrong! I guess I am a little biased though.

We LOVE the Zoo around here and try to go many times during the summer, but this year it has been so darn hot. We have only been two other times this year, maybe, one of which times I blogged about here. Take a look at the pictures if you want to!

We met up with Laura and her daughter Ella! We decided to do the Sea Lion show at 11 so we had about 30 minutes to kill and walked around to see the Giraffes, Zebra's, Camels, and Kangaroos since we always miss them because they are tucked away in the corner.

I think the boys found Ella putting on sunscreen more entertaining than the Camels!

Then we headed to see the show! This was a hit, the kids loved it. It was super cute and worth the $9 bucks.




We then we had some lunch, and I nursed Taylor. Girl was out of control! After everyone had full tummies we decided to do the Stingray exhibit. The St. Louis Zoo has Stingray's for part of the season that you can pet. This was our first time doing it. I am not sure it was worth the money, at least this year. Timothy was scared after touching one of them, and Mason was too small to reach in. I couldn't hold him because I had to hold Taylor since they wouldn't let me bring the stroller in.

I guess I could have worn her in the sleepy wrap, but I had worn her all morning and she was getting really hot in it. I was a little annoyed that I had to pay for Mason to just stand there....he basically did what Taylor did. Oh well. Hopefully next year they will enjoy it more.








We did a little more walking around looking at the penguins and bears, but then had to part ways with our friends. They were off the the children's zoo which we couldn't do because I wasted money on the Stingrays that the kids didn't even like. So we headed to see the Apes and the reptile house!






Taylor took her second nap of the day. She fell asleep when first got there in her sleepywrap for about an hour and a half. Can I just say how in love I am with the sleepy wrap it made everything a lot easier today. Until it got too hot for her.


After 4 hours I was ready to head home. So we headed for the car. We stopped at Turtle Park, which is where we park so we don't have to pay, and Timothy played for a few minutes.




Zoo day success. Oh how we love the Zoo!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails