Sunday, August 29, 2010

Being Spontaneous

or something like that. After our first Zoo trip last Tuesday, the one where I felt like I was hit by a bus the next morning from all the walking. Yes I am that out of shape!

You couldn't have paid me to go AGAIN in the same week. Except I did go again, on Thursday.


I am learning to be a little more spontaneous. To just get up and go. If my kids want to go to the park in the morning, to just pack them in the van and go. If the kids want to play outside, to stop doing what I am doing and go outside to play. If the kids want to go to the Zoo for the second time in 3 days, to just go for it, even if I don't really feel like doing all the walking.


When I asked Timothy if he wanted to go to the Zoo again with friends, the excitement on his face said it all. How could I not take them?!


Well it does help that we have the BEST zoo ever. Like I have mentioned in my last zoo post!

It was a beautiful day for the zoo too. It was in the high 70s, maybe low 80s, it was perfect. I even decided to get up with the birds to get there the first hour they were open so we could do the Children's Zoo for free!











There was walking, lots of walking. But it felt good and I didn't even break a sweat with the gorgeous weather. We seen lots of animals.






There was running, and dancing!



There was a carousel ride and a Sea Lion show!






There was walking, and playing, being kids!






Their faces and excitement made it all worth it. I am learning slowly to enjoy each and everyday with my little ones. And to be spontaneous!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails