Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

The other day I went and signed the kids up for head start and early head start. Head start is basically preschool, and early head start is for kids under 3. They had some openings and I really want to get Timothy in preschool now, and really we can't afford a regular preschool. Head start is free!

Since Timothy is 4 he would go to the center 4 days a week, Monday- Thursday for either the morning or afternoon class. They told me it would probably be the afternoon class since she believed that's what the opening were for. That would mean he would be there from 12noon until 4pm. They would serve him lunch and a snack.

Mason and Taylor would be eligible for early head start. That would involve someone coming to the house once a week like a parents as teachers, and then 2x a month they could go to the center for about an hour and a half to play with other kids. Once Mason turn 3 he then could go to the center 4 days a week just like Timothy.

They then were talking about once Taylor turns 18 months she could go to the center for 5 days a week, I guess like daycare. Tim and I not too sure we want to do that though.

I am super excited at the thought of Timothy going to preschool, I think it will be really good for him. It will also allow me time to spend with his brother and sister.


Last week when we got our tax return back we were able to finally get a new TV, stand, and new living room furniture. Our living room is pretty small so we can only fit either a couch or a love seat and a recliner. Tim really wanted to recliner so we did that. It helped that I found a love seat that I really liked and that matched our living room. I will have to take pictures. Oh and I have to admit I am LOVING the new TV!


Update on our sewer problem:driving me CRAZY! We talked to the landlord about it last week. He sent a roto rooter guy out to look at it. The guy said it was so bad that he couldn't do anything about it and left. Called the landlord who then called the private company who now owns the sewer system. It is not owned by the county anymore. They came out to look at it. I guess they "fixed" it. They told us to immediately call them anytime it starts to back up.

OK fine but now we have this nasty backyard that has god knows what diseases lingering in it from the backup. The landlord is suppose to be talking to the health department and what not about what to do with the grass and soil. He believes that all the will have to do is turn the soil and plant new grass.

I am just not happy right now. It's disgusting, it smells, and is unhealthy. I worry about all the bacteria and diseases that we could catch. And I have NO idea how this is all going to get fixed good enough for me to feel safe letting my kids back there. DISASTER!

Haven't gotten the "I'm at the hospital in labor" call from Chris and Angie yet. So I am still patiently, or not so patiently, waiting on baby Christopher Jr. to arrive! I am so excited for them! Here is a picture I took of the things I got for the baby shower!

I guess that's all I have to say for now. I off to go relax in Tim's recliner since he is at work, if he is home forget it I never get to sit in it!

Have a wonderful Thursday friends!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I volunteered at Head Start last year with my work. It was great!

Holly

Ross said...

I would love to have a new T.V. It looks really nice.

Nicoolmama said...

How wonderful Timothy will get to start preschool!

I am registering Will (3 in April) to begin in the fall- it's just 2 1/2 hours 2 days a week, but it's gone soooo FAST!!

I know what you mean about hesitation with Taylor going- they have a preschool for 2 year olds at the same preschool we have Will going to but we are not ready (and don't want) Theo there this young. 3 comes fast enough as it is!!

Congrats on all the new furniture and camera! Aren't tax returns wonderful?! Loved the update!

Carolyn said...

Your kids are very cute Nicole. Love their pics. Keep posting. =)
Darvon Recall

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails