Thursday, March 3, 2011

Grammy

I feel like we have been going for weeks, since Tim's parents moved back to St. Louis. And really we have been. This is the first day I feel like I have no plans and can just relax at home. Catch up on cleaning, laundry, TV watching, and blog reading. I am so behind! I am just so exhausted!

I mentioned in a previous post that Tim's grammy wasn't doing well and that we had to go to the hospital. That was Saturday night. They didn't think she was going to make it so we spent the evening and most of the night up there and got home around 2am. She made it though. Then Tuesday night Tim's mom called to tell us that her blood pressure had dropped and was staying low like 50s over 30s, and that she probably would not make it through the night.

Wednesday morning I was taking Tim to work, and his mom called when we were almost there. Said it was very touch and go, her blood pressure wasn't coming back up, very shallow breathing, and that the doctors only gave her a few more hours. Tim walked into work told them what was going on and they let him off. We drove all the way home to change clothes and figure out where to take the kids.

Luckily my mom was able to take a vacation day for us and watch the kids so we could make it up to the hospital. When we got there they were taking her feeding tube out. She was on 100% oxygen, but very shallow breathing on somethings going 15 or more seconds between a breath. She held on until about 1:45pm when she took her last breath. Around 2pm the nurse came in to check and official said she had passed.

Tim's grammy was only the 2nd person, after my own grandma, that I have watched die in person. It is definitely not fun. Breaks my heart. So things have been a little hectic lately, and blogging hasn't been on the top of my list.

Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers over the next few days, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tim and Grammy in 2005


Grammy and I in 2007 when Timothy was born.

4 comments:

Kaitlin said...

I'm so sorry Nicole!

b. lee said...

so sorry for your loss ... sending thoughts & prayers ...

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Nicole. I'm praying for all of you.

Nicoolmama said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss, Nicole. I believe there is a better, pain-free place after this life, and I am sure Grammy is there! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails