Thursday, November 18, 2010

Headaches and Patience

The past few days my patience have really been tested. A lot of people have told me that once they had children they found that they became more patient. I have found that to be true of myself.

Except this week.

I have had a pounding headache, EVERY day ALl day. The debilitating kind, the kind that you just need to lay down with your eyes closed all day. Except there is one problem....

I am a stay at home mom, I have kids that have to be fed, changed, you know played with. I don't get sick day's, and it's not really feasible for me to lay on the couch all day with a 3 year old, 2 year old, and an 8 month old

This awful headache is due to my lack of caffeine, soda to be exact. I get excruciatingly painful headaches when I run out of soda. Yes I should probably just stop drinking so much soda, but that would be too easy! Instead I deal with this when we run out, and then my patience dwindles from dealing with a head that might explode.

I find myself wanting to scream STOP. YELLING. IN. THE. HOUSE! Or threatening to spank Mason if he hits his brother ONE. MORE. TIME! Or begging and pleading to please just stop whining and crying for 5 minutes. Or please go find your underwear, and STOP. TAKING. ALL YOUR. CLOTHES. OFF. I find myself desperate. Desperate for a soda. Desperate for just a few minutes of quite. Desperate for the kids to behave.

So what does a stay at home mom of three little kids do in a situation like this.

First I breathe.

Then I get some soda!

And finally we go outside. Because being outside solves everything, right?! The kids can yell, whine, and cry all they want. Outside it doesn't sound so FLIPPIN loud!

It are days like I have had this week that I have to dig deep to find my motherly patience. And for some reason being outside, watching the little ones play, the joy of getting to have PB sandwiches outside, makes it a whole lot easier to find. Their joy and happiness is contagious.

Thankfully I haven't gotten a headache today, yet. Knock on wood. If your a stay at home mom how do get through the day when your not feeling well?

They sure know how to brighten mommy's bad days!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails