Thursday, November 4, 2010

Escaping....

the cold weather.

Earlier in the week, we really needed to get out of the house, to run and burn some energy.

It was a little too chilly for us to be outside, especially Taylor so we went to the mall to play.

Where it was nice and warm!

My favorite part of spring and summer are the warm days spent outside. At the park or zoo in the sun. I can see those days have dwindled to almost nothing.

I had to bust out the sweaters. And I think that in the coming days I may even have to bring out the warmer jackets and possibly even the winter coats.

I am the type that in the dead of the summer I am wishing for fall, the change of season, the crisp cool air.

Although the one good thing about the change of seasons and winter.....HOLIDAYS! My favorite time of year is Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I love the family time that the holiday's bring. Running around to all the sides of the family. It's a sorta craziness that I crave!

It's also this time of year that I wish we had a fireplace. To all snuggle up under warm blankets, with a fire crackling, watching a movie. AHHH sounds so nice.

Now I have just started rambling, in cohesively!

Ah, OK now I remember the point of this post. The cold weather. We have resorted to playing at the mall instead of the park.

I think I am going to have to come up with some fun indoor places to take the kiddos this winter. Last year we had a few places that we just rotated. I need some new places.

I think I even resorted to telling Timothy that it was going to rain, it was cloudy and cold out, to get him to stop asking to go out and ride his bike.

I also don't look forward to having to bundle up THREE kids to get out of the house. I am going to have to start getting ready 2 hours before we have to leave. Everyone knows that I am late everywhere as is, and that it takes me forever to get out of the house in the summer. And that is when I just have to make sure everyone has underwear and shoes on!

Oh well, I just have to remember that Thanksgiving and Christmas is right around the corner!

Ok I guess I should start to rap up this post. Especially since I have no idea what I was just rambling on about!

So where do you take your kids in the winter time?

Or what kinds of activities do you do with your kids at home, indoors?

If your still reading, thanks for listening! Hope you had a great day!

1 comment:

Corinne Cunningham said...

We don't go out much in the winter... because I hate bundeling up everyone! But this year we're moving in February, so we'll be busy with that... and then organizing a new place... so I have no idea what our winter will look like.
I will say that I've totally resorted to walking the mall with the kids at points, because one can only be in your home so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails