Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thinking of a friend

It's amazing how much we take for granted, especially the little things that just come easy to you. It's usually not until you see someone else who is just not as fortunate as you, to make you take a step back.

A good friend of mine who I met through a playgroup, has infertility issues. She has an almost 2 year old daughter, who by the way is just the cutest little thing, that they struggled to get pregnant with. They just recently exhausted all their resources to try and have their second and final child. They wanted so badly to give their little girl a sibling, I know that feeling. My heart truly breaks for them so much.

Infertility is not something I have ever had to deal with, actually with me it's quite the opposite. I am pretty sure I am too fertile, considering all three of my kiddos were born on BC, two on the pill and my daughter on the IUD. While Tim and I do joke and complain about not being able to be in the same room with each other because I may become pregnant. It is times like these that I realize just how lucky we are. Being 23 and having 3 kids already was not the plan, but I am so grateful that I was able to have children so easily.




It's times like these that I feel so guilty for even thinking that I want more kids. Here there are people who struggle to have one child and I have 3 happy, beautiful, healthy children. It is times like these that I wish that there was something I could do. I truly wish that I could maybe carry a child for them, while I am not even entirely sure that is something they would even consider, much less Tim. Plus I don't have the most healthy pregnancies, struggling with high blood pressure.

I guess all I can really do is pray. We are not a religious family at all, but I do believe in God. So I pray for a miracle, and I know that only god can grant that miracle. If it is meant to be it will be I guess. In the meantime I will just try and be a good friend, and be there for support in this difficult time.

And maybe just for extra measures I can send some of my extra fertile dust to her!

1 comment:

Nicoolmama said...

I look at my husband and get pregnant too...

Two of my best friends have been trying for years to get pregnant(and stay pregnant, in the case of one.) I feel so incredibly blessed this has never been an issue for me, and sometimes a bit guilty...

What CAN you take for Birth Control if you have gotten pregnant on the pill and IUD? plus..you are nursing. Condoms it is, I guess....poor thing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails