Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July

We had an interesting, but fun 4th of July. We spend the day at my dad and Judee's house. Judee's son's John and Josh, and their wife/girlfriends came over. Chris, Angie, and baby Alyssa also stopped by.

We actually had a little accident as soon as we got there. I was carrying Taylor into the back by the pool. I didn't know Timothy was right behind me until I heard his head hit Taylor's car seat and then a splash. Yep...I accidentally knocked him into the pool clothes on and all, luckily my dad was right there too. Unfortunately my dad had everything on too, clothes, phone, wallet, cigarettes. Timothy is OK, so I guess that is all that matters.

There was a lot of swimming. Since you know my kids are half fish! We bought Timothy a new suit that had the life jacket like padding built in, and he did great with it.





Taylor chilled in the swing and watched her brother in the pool...


And Mason took and afternoon nap while Timothy continued to swim.




We then got ready for fireworks. It still wasn't dark yet so the kids just played with small things like poppers and smoke bombs, while the guys played a game of washers.






Daddy let Mason do his first sparkler while we waited patiently for it to get dark enough for the big fireworks.






Then it was finally dark enough for fireworks. Taylor wanted nothing to do with them and spent most of her time in the house or sleeping in the garage. Timothy was a little hesitant and covered his ears, but still watched. Mason LOVED them!!!






Both Mason and Timothy ended up falling asleep during the fireworks, but it was a great time.



We ended the night by Mason throwing up everything he ate and drank the entire day right before we left. So sorry dad and Judee for the grape juice on your carpet. Luckily we were able to get it up. I am pretty sure that he is not sick and it was just something he ate, too much juice, too much sun and heat, or too much pool water :), or a combo of those!

Taylor and the rest of our family hope you all had a great 4th of July.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails