Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Mason

Two years ago today I went in for my weekly non stress test and doctor appointment. I was 38 weeks and 2 days, I only had Timothy with me. During the ultrasound he was "non reactive", they could not get him to move. For the past few weeks they had also been having trouble with his heart rate getting too high, in to the 200s. They tried everything to get you to move, and after about an hour of no movement they sent me over to the woman's evaluation unit to me monitored.



Mommy and Timothy waiting to find out if Mason was going to be born that day!

Once over there they were able to get him to move a little, but his heart rate was still eratic. Going from 130s to 210bpm. They wanted to do a biophysical ultrasound, and called my doctor to see what she said. She decided she did not want to mess around anymore and wanted to get him hear safely. I was already 3cm dilated, my fluid was low, and with the heart rate, and non stress test they decided to send me to labor and delivery and I was induced. That was around 4-5 p.m.



I then called Tim and told him we were going to be having Mason that night, and he headed up to the hospital. My mom was already up there I called her to help with Timothy.

Once they started the pitocin and broke my water, I went from 6cm to fully dilated in no time. And with only a few short pushed Mason was born at 9:27 p.m. on July 24th, 2008!





He weighed 7lbs 3oz, which ironically is the exact same weight as Timothy. And was 20inches long.



Everyone was so happy you were finally here, happy and healthy. With NO heart problems!






Big brother Timothy slept through everything! He did not get to meet his new little brother until the next day. He wasn't sure at first but warmed up quickly.





Mason you sure were a surprise, but an awesome one. We love you so much, and you are such a happy lovable guy. You can always make me smile and laugh. Two short years ago you were so tiny and depended on us. Now you are my very strong willed, independant, tantrum throwing 2 year old. You mean the world to me baby boy. Mommy loves you so much. Hugs and Kisses xoxo!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails