Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hardworking Man

It is no secret that Tim can get on my nerves. Frustrate and annoy me at times. And we have our fights and arguments, especially over who has the harder "job". Of course I am usually arguing that he just doesn't understand all that I do and that I think I have it pretty rough.

When in reality I have it pretty darn good. I mean I get to be a stay at home mom, I get to spend my days seeing my children grow and learn. Try new things, and succeed.

I don't think I tell him enough how grateful and appreciative I am that I am able to do this. It is because of his hard work that this is even a possibility.

He works at least 8 hour days, usually more because he takes overtime. He spends a week on on call, where he is usually called out during the night. Which he then sometimes works 16 hours in a day. He sometimes goes all day without seeing the kids, leaves before their up and comes home when they are in bed already. He sacrifices a lot so I can stay home.

I am able to "sleep in" using the kids as my alarm clock.

We are able to have lazy pajama days. Spend all day lounging around the house cuddling under warm blankets!!

I get to enjoy days with friends, watching the kids laugh together!

I can spend the day at the park or zoo.

I can use nap time to clean, instead of having to come home after working and having to clean when I just really want to lay down.

I am not pressed for time with my kids, like I was when I worked. I have gotten the chance to see them do so many things, that unfortunately only Tim has me to tell him about.

Every time I start giving Tim a hard time, I try to think about how good I really have it. Because, I really want nothing more than to be able to stay at home with my babies.

And I know it's hard on Tim working all the hours he does, he wants more than anything to be able to be home. He does what he has to for us.

I am so grateful.

I am so appreciative of my hardworking man.

I love him!

And I guess I have it good, really good.

While I am in the mood to pour my heart out I might as well admit that he probably does work harder than I do. Ahem. Most days!

Just don't tell him I admitted that.

And now friends, I am off to run some errands. Or stay in and have a lazy day. Either way I will be working hard!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails