Monday, April 26, 2010

For Maddie

One of my friends Andrea was talking about a blog she reads. So I decided to check it out because I have a love for reading blogs. It's called The Spohrs Are Multiplying. Once I started reading this blog I couldn't stop. They have two beautiful daughters! Annabel Violet is 3 months old and as cute as can be and seem to bring so much joy to her parent's and family! Annabel has an older sister, Madeline! Madeline was born prematurely and had a very rough start to life. She spent a lot of time in the NICU and once she was home, had many trips back due to illnesses associated with her prematurity. Madeline left this world unexpectedly on April 7th, 2009 after being hospitalized the day before for a severe respiratory infection.

Maddie's infectious smile and big bright eyes captured my heart, and it aches for her and her family! My heart aches for her parent's as I can only imagine how hard it is to loose your child. My heart aches for Maddie, it's not fair what she had to go through, no child should have to go through what she did. My heart aches for her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and the rest of her family. My heart aches for Annabel, she never got the chance to meet her older sister. Although I'm sure they have a bond that only they know about!

I know what you are saying now, "How can I help"? Well I have an answer for you!

You can always donate to the March of Dimes in Maddie's name. Maddie's parents truly believe that the March of Dimes helped save Maddie's life in he NICU and allowed her to be able to make it home! All babies deserve the chance to have he healthiest possible start!

You can also visit Friends of Maddie and make a donation! Here is the Mission statement from their site: Our Mission is to provide support to the families of critically ill babies in an effort to help ease the transition into NICU life and to be an ally until the end of their child’s hospital stay.

And of course you can always visit their website, The Spohrs Are Multiplying, and leave a comment to show your support!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails