Monday, April 26, 2010

Adventures in Potty Training

Yesterday morning Timothy asked me to take off his diaper so he could go pee pee on the potty. Now he has done this many times before and would just end up playing on the potty and not actually go. So I figured this was what he was going to do! Well I few minutes later he brought me the potty and was shrieking "I went pee pee"! Sure enough he did, so we began to jump up and down and celebrate! He was so proud of himself and excited to be a big boy. So we took the pee and dumped in the the big potty and he got to flush it himself, this was very exciting for him! Then I gave him a piece of candy.

Even though that was the first time he ever went potty by himself without any prompting from me, I was still a little hesitant that it would actually turn into anything. I let him run around naked and just told him to go to the potty when he had to pee. Sure enough he went pee like a billion times that morning! He was going so much that at one point he sat down and looked at me with a very concerned face " It won't come out, nothing is coming out"! Well of course not you have only been peeing for the past hour and a half! I found it comical!

At around 12:30 I got in the shower so we could head to my mom's house. Timothy sat on the potty in the bathroom with me. He was so excited to go to Grandma's and show her what a big boy he was. I told him he could put on some of his big boy underwear to go to Grandma's since he was doing so well. I of course put a pull up on over the underwear just in case he went in the car. We arrived at Grandma's DRY!!! First thing he did was go pee pee on the potty!! I just could not believe he was actually doing it. The whole time at grandma's, when he had to go he went on his potty!

He even stayed dry on the way home. When he got home he became even more excited to show daddy that he was peeing on the potty! Little does he know that daddy was even more excited to see him peeing on the potty! He continued like this all the way until bedtime. He had NO accidents! He has not went poop on the potty yet, but I'm sure that might happen today! He even threw a fit when it was time for bed because he wanted to stay on the potty! So this is a start, and I am very hopeful that this will be it and he is on his way to being fully potty trained! Wish us luck for an even better day 2!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails