Thursday, May 6, 2010

Go Away Germs!

I tried to keep the germs away with the Clorox wipes and Lysol, but alas they have entered our house! For the past few weeks we have all been battling minor colds. Runny noses, coughs, congestion, sneezes, fevers, and crabbiness! While we all seem to be getting better, Mason was not!

Sunday night he woke up in the middle of the night screaming and I could not get him to go back to sleep. Finally I brought him into the living room and we tried sleeping on the floor, it worked for a while. Then he began to vomit mucus, thick yellow mucus. Gross right?! Well I knew it was time to call the doctor to make sure that this little cold did not turn into something worse!

The doctor was able to get us in that morning! One look at his ears and she said "No wonder is is upset"! Ear infection! So we are now on amoxocillin for 10 days. The funny thing is, he is back to his normal self already. In fact he never really gave me any clue that his ears hurt or that he was really sick. The only problem we had was that one night of not wanting to sleep. It's amazing how when the little one's are sick they can go on with their day as if they are not sick! Up running around and playing, and yet when I'm sick I ache all over can't seem to get off the couch!

Oh how I wish I was young again, or younger because I am still fairly young! I think we are all on the mend now. Timothy has a little cough, I'm still a little stopped up, and Taylor is still a little congested...but nothing we can't handle! So I will continue to Lysol EVERYTHING until the germs are gone! I am hoping with spring her and summer on the way, that the germs will be gone sooner rather than later!

Here are the boys napping together the day after we seen the doctor.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails