Thursday, March 25, 2010

Taylor's Birth Story

As soon as Dr. Day uttered those words, "I think today is the day", I kinda started to panic. I was so not prepared, I did not pack a hospital bag, did not clean up the house, I didn't even have the laundry done to pack the hospital bag. So to say I was unprepared is an understatement! But nonetheless, Taylor was coming and by Dr. Day's prediction, it wouldn't be very long! So My mom and I headed to labor and delivery and I called Tim at home!!

I was admitted around 3pm. Around 4pm they started the antibiotics that I had to have during labor because of my positive GBS test. They told me I had to be on the antibiotics for at least 4 hours before they would brake my water. They also started the pitocin around this time too! I was not happy that yet again, I would have to have pitocin....I was really hoping to go into labor on my own this time. Then we just waited, and waited, and waited some more. Around 6pm Tim arrived with the boys :) I was so happy to see them!! Then we did some more waiting.

By this point I was hooked up to all the machines and feeling contractions. They were not unbearable at this point but getting uncomfortable! Around 8pm they started the second bag of antibiotics, I had to have a bag every 4 hours until I delivered. I at this time finally asked for the epidural, I was in extreme pain and just really did not want to deal with it....I was hoping to have a natural birth but with the pitocin the contractions were just a little more than I could handle! So I decided to get the epidural right before they broke my water.

It was around this time that they started to have problems detecting my contractions. They would show up for a while and then all of a sudden just disappear.The were a little concerned about this, I was just hoping my labor did not stall! They tried to reposition the monitor and had no luck. They decided that they would brake my water and go ahead and put an internal monitor in for Taylor's heart rate and my contractions. It was around 9:30pm when my water was broke and the internal monitors were inserted. This worked and they were able to pick up the contractions!

I really thought that Taylor would have been here by this point but nope, I was still at 4cm and she was still really high. I was a little worried that if I didn't start to progress that I would end up with a c-section which I really did not want. This whole time they had been increasing my pitocin periodically to give me stronger more regular contractions. Then we just waited some more hoping things would really start to pick up since my water had been broken. A few hours later I was starting to feel the contractions again, not super painful but definitely getting uncomfortable. They decided to check me again to see if we had made any progress. They were able to stretch and force me to 6cm but Taylor was still high. The nurse said my cervix was very thin though and that there was nothing holding Taylor up so she should definitely drop all the way down.

Shortly after that I was in a lot of pain again and I could tell the epidural was already wearing off....they called for another one. Then it seemed right after I got that I was feeling pressure. Not contractions just a lot of pressure, and I wanted them to check me again. And when she did I was fully dilated and Taylor was right there, she was not even a full finger length in. Now all we had to do was wait for Dr. Day to get there. This was probably the hardest part of the whole labor and delivery!

I love when you have that uncontrollable urge to push and they tell you not to push until the doctor is is the most uncomfortable thing in the world!! With every contraction I could feel her head right there, a few times I actually thought she might just come out before the doctor made it. I keep my legs closed and as tight as I could!! FINALLY the doctor arrived, she had trouble parking.

Tim's Aunt Shari took the boys out to the waiting room and it was just Tim and my mom in the delivery room. By the time the doctor and nurses got all ready and told me to go ahead and push when I felt the need to, Taylor was right there. I held my breath and didn't even get a full push and her head was out!! I could not believe that it happened that fast. Then I finished pushing with that contraction and she just slipped out! One contraction and two pushes and my beautiful little girl was finally here!

I was ecstatic, over the moon :) She was happy, healthy, and beautiful. Taylor arrived at 1:06 a.m. on March 9, 2010. She was 7lbs 8oz...I could not believe she was bigger than her brothers, and was 19 3/4 inches long. I was able to breastfeed her right away and she did great. She was and is perfect in every way

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails