Friday, March 26, 2010

Our new reality

Wow I am now the mom of three!! I almost cannot believe I have a 3 year old, 1 year old, and a newborn. Making the switch from 2 to 3 has actually been quite smooth and a lot easier than I anticipated. I think going from 1 to 2 was harder.

It has been 2 weeks since Taylor was born and we are all doing great. I feel pretty good except for I'm having a little trouble with my left arm moving it all the way is painful....I thought maybe it was sore from not really doing a whole lot before baby and the once she was born using it a bunch. But it's not getting any better so I'm a little worried that it's some sort of side effect from the epidural. I plan on talking to the doctor when I go in next week. I am suppose to go in for a blood pressure check to see if they can take me off of the bp medicine.

Taylor has also had her first doctor appointment since she was born, and it was with our new pediatrician. I really LOVE her, she is very nice and takes the time to talk with you and explain everything. I'm also a huge fan of the sick and healthy waiting rooms...our old doctor did not have that! Let's see that appointment was on the Monday after we can home and the doctor said she looked great. She was 6lbs 15oz so she was about the same as when we left the hospital! We go back in 3 weeks when she is a month old.

She is already growing so fast :( and is such a good baby for the most part. She is exclusively breastfed and eats around every 2-3 hours during the day and it varies at night. Some nights are good and she only wakes up once or twice and goes back to sleep. Other nights she is eating constantly and staying awake. But I'm trying to soak this time up because I know it doesn't last and I will miss it! Oh and let's talk about poop...this child has no problem in that area! I swear I need protective covering on when changing her because of her projectile poop....you would think she was possessed. I have never had to deal with this with either of the boys so this was a total shock. Every time I go and change her she sprays me and everything within 10ft. of her. It's so funny and SO gross all at the same time. I always tell her she is not being very lady like ;)

As far as the boys go, they are handling our new little addition wonderfully! I was a little concerned about Mason since he is a Mommy's boy, but he is so in love with Taylor...they both are. If she is crying they are the first one's to her side, Mason trying to put her pacifier in as Timothy says "It's OK baby sister". OH and the kisses, they smoother her in hugs and kisses especially Mason. They are great big brother's and she is a very lucky girl to have them! They are going to be great protectors!

I am so looking forward to watching all three of them grow up. Tim says this is it for us as far as kids go and I do feel that three is enough. But I am not opposed down the road to having just one more, I mean a long time down the road! I know it could jut be my hormones talking....only time will tell!!














No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails