Monday, August 22, 2011

Another Prince or Princess?

Last Tuesday, I went in for my 20 week checkup and THE ultrasound. My guess was another boy, I had that feeling from the beginning. Everything about this pregnant reminded me of Timothy's pregnancy. Tim was thinking girl. Really I didn't have a preference. I have both boy and a girl so I would have been thrilled with either.

During the ultrasound the tech did the all the usual measurements they do around this time. She measured the head, belly, femur bone, looked for all the vital organs, checked the heartbeat. Everything looked good except there were a few things she couldn't really see or get a good picture of.

She was never able to get a good picture of the heart or things like the lips. WTF?! She said that she is sure everything is fine that it could be I am a little more overweight this time around so it's harder to get clear pictures. I mean I'm sure my little angel has lips, but It made me a little nervous to know that there were things they couldn't see. I have never had any problems with ultrasounds.

She decided to schedule me for another ultrasound in 4 weeks, and said that by then the baby will be even bigger and they should be able to see everything. But at the very end she asked if we wanted to know the sex, and of course we did! I have no patience to wait.

And then she wrote it out for us. We will be welcoming a new baby......

GIRL!

I was shocked! I was really thinking another little boy. Tim of course had to brag that he has been able to guess all 4 of the kids correctly. Nonetheless though we are ecstatic, and I cannot wait for Taylor to have a sister. I could not think of a better way to complete our family. 2 boys and 2 girl. Perfect!

Now comes the hard part, picking a name!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thats how I was with Isabella just in shock, I cried of course it was uncontrollable. I'm hoping for another girl but if it's a boy I'm ok with that also. I book marked your blog. ( = you have a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

I'm big numbers person so when I went back up to check the date again I seen that it was my hubby's b.day and I seen the time you posted 9:27 thats my b.day September 27th. Made me smile thats all. again I enjoy reading your blogs.
Thats my comment above also.
Melinda.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails