Thursday, July 14, 2011

Water Fun at Grandma's

Since it has been so hot lately, and with me still not feeling great the kids and I haven't really been getting out of the house. Usually we stay in all week, and get out on Tim's days off, it's just easier to go out with the kids when I have an extra set of hands.

Yesterday my mom called and invited us over. She had a little blow up pool and figured the kids could play outside in the water. I knew the kids would love that, really they probably would have been content that we were leaving the house!

My mom got this blow up kiddie pool from a friend, and had never opened up before. It looked like a decent size from the picture on the box, but once we started blowing it up we quickly realized that it was more like a baby pool. It may not be as big as pawpaw's pool, but the kids didn't seem to mind one bit!

We gave them some cups, and they played for hours. We had to keep filling the pool up because they were dumping all the water out, but other than that it accomplished the goal. They stayed cool and were having fun. We spent all afternoon outside and it was much needed.

The true sign of a good day.....the boys were asleep in the van before we even made it down my mom's street!











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails