Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Mason! (A late birthday post)

Mason turned 3 on Sunday the 24th. Honestly at times it feels like it has been 3 years, like he has been here for as long as I can remember. Other times I can't believe he is already 3, I still think of him as this sweet tiny little guy.

I can still remember the day we brought him home from the hospital. How exhausted we all were, how I was already starting to panic about how I was going to manage with 2 kids. It was lunch time and Timothy had to eat, Tim and I were starving, and of course I needed to nurse Mason. Add the hormones from just giving birth and I was a mess. Somehow it all worked out. After getting Timothy fed, Mason fed, I finally sat down to eat and noticed that Timothy had climbed into Mason's bouncy seat and fell asleep. Everyone was fed, happy, and all was quite in the house. At that moment I knew that I was going to make it.


Mason,

You were such a wonderful surprise! Our family would not have been complete without you in it. My pregnancy with you was rough, you gave us a lot of scares and many trips to the doctor. But I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Your wild and spunky personality keeps me on my toes, there is never a dull moment around here.

You and your brother are best friends. I love to see the way you look up to him, they way you want to do everything he does, to be just like him. I love to see how loving you are with Taylor. Always saying "Come on sissy, follow me", making sure she is always included. You have just the right mix of shy and bossy with a little bit of attitude thrown in.

And even when I am trying to discipline you for doing something wrong, you know just when to flash me one of those many looks to make my heart melt. Your a charmer that's for sure! But my life would not be as fun without you.

I love you buddy! Happy 3rd birthday big guy!

Mommy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails