Monday, June 7, 2010

Goodbyes

Finally Blogger fixed their problem and I can write my post!

I mentioned early that Tim's parents were in town last week. They came up a few weeks early, it was a nice surprise! Tim's grandma( his mom's mom) is not doing that well and on top of never meeting Taylor yet, they just couldn't wait any longer. Can you really blame them?!

They moved to Texas about five years ago and it was hard on the whole family, and it has only gotten harder. Five years ago Tim and I had no kids, they had no grand kids. Now they have three that they don't get to see near enough as they and we would like! But you have to do what you have to do, right?! We have taken a few vacations to Texas in the five years they have been down there, and they try and come up every few months. It's not ideal, but it works.

Despite not seeing them much, the boys know who they are and love them so much! Timothy will even tell you that grandma and grandpa live in Texas and their house is far away! Timothy even goes as far as calling them ALL the time, at 5:30 A.M.!!! Needless to say we soak up every minute with them that when can when they are here.

Last week was no exception. You would never be able to tell that they live so far away and are not here much. The kids were in heave with Grandma and Grandpa!













Like all good things it had to come to an end. That's the hard part. Saturday we had to say goodbye, Grandma and Grandpa had to go back to Texas.

Why are goodbye's so hard?!

Luckily the boys are still young, and don't really grasp the goodbye and understand what is going on. I know the goodbyes are extremely hard on them and Tim. Now that I am a mom, to two boys, I can only imagine how it is to leave your child and be so far away. Just as I can only imagine how it is to have my mom or dad live so far away. Even though Tim and I are not married and they are not my parent's per say, I still consider them like parents. They are great, and are always there for Tim and I. They are the greatest grandparents too!

Thankfully they are going to try and move back here in the next year. How awesome would that be?! I can't wait! So until then we will wait patiently, or not so patiently...hurry up grandma and grandpa!

Thanks for the fun week and everything you guys did! We miss you like crazy already! See you soon!

LOVE you Tim and Debbie, Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa
XOXO

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails