Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Brother, My Best Friend

I knew that I always wanted more than one child. I was an only child and longed for a sibling. I would always watch my friends with their brother's and sister's and that incredible bond! They always had a playmate, someone to stay up late and talk with, someone to always stick up for them or to stick up for, I was jealous!

My mom and dad are divorced and neither one of them ever had another child. I still wish I would have had a brother or sister. Tim also does not have a sibling, but he on the other hand never wanted one and is glad he does not have one. He liked being on only child. SO as you can see our children have no aunts or uncles, how sad right? Well they have great aunts and uncles, and for that I am grateful, but I can't help be a little sad.

When I was in the hospital having my second son, I was a mess to say the least! It was my first time away from Timothy for a period of time. I couldn't help but feel awful for leaving him to have another child. He was only 17 months old and I felt as though I was cheating him out of his childhood, that he was going to hate me. Then one of my sweet nurses told me a little piece of advice that I have never forgotten: "Your son will never know what life was like before his brother, he will know nothing other than having a brother. You are giving him one of the best gifts"!

This thought has never left my mind. I am so happy that my children will be able to experience having a sibling. I hope that they are best friends, that they will always be there for each other, and that they share that incredible bond! They are very lucky! Who am I kidding, they are already best friends!

Here they are playing so nicely together, although it only lasted long for me to take a picture it was sweet!



This was the other day at Bob's Drive-In in Arnold! They shared an ice cream cone. I had to take pictures of this, what kid shares ice cream?!


"Here Mason have another bite"!


"Wait, your not suppose to eat it all"! PRICELESS!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails